Maintain a good oral health part of your routine
Maintain a good oral health is an important part of your body’s overall health. Here is a simple daily routine to combine with regular dentist checkups at Diamond Dental clinics to keep your teeth healthy and bright.
Morning time routine to maintain oral health
We recommended you start your daily routine with flossing before brushing your teeth. Flossing is an important appendage to brushing your teeth. Flossing can removes bits of food and plaque that brushing may leaves behind.
How to floss your teeth properly
- Take 12 to 18 inches of floss and hold so it is taught in your hands
- Slip the floss between your teeth and the gum , floss with about 10 strokes, up and down, between all teeth
- Floss at least twice a day, especially before going to bed
Once your teeth are nicely flossed, proceed to brushing and notice the extra clean feeling.
Lunchtime and afternoon routine to maintain oral health
Don’t forget your oral health just because you’re at work, or on the move. Have a spare toothbrush and toothpaste in your bag or in your desk drawer and brush your teeth during the working day to improve your oral health. It’s recommended to brush approximately half an hour after you’ve eaten.
When and how to brush your teeth properly
- Brush your teeth at least three times a day for two minutes with fluoride toothpaste and change your toothbrush every three months.
- Brush your teeth before your breakfast in the morning, 30 minutes after lunch and last thing at night
- Brush at a 45-degree angle against the gum line and brush away from the gums
- Gently brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of all your teeth with small circular motions
If brushing your teeth isn’t an option during the day then try mouthwash. A quick rinse with a fluoride mouthwash 30 minutes after lunch or a snack can prevent gum disease and plaque build up.
Evening Time routine to maintain oral health
We recommend to brush your teeth three times a day for at least two minutes, Time yourself next time you are brushing, remember putting in the extra time makes a big difference. In the evening time, after finishing your dinner, snacks, coffee, etc, remember to floss and make sure to brush your teeth again before bed.
Maintaining oral health is important and easy to manage
Despite of many people believe, it is easier to maintain good oral health then you think. The simple steps above plus regular checkups with your dentist at diamond dental clinic will keep your teeth, mouth and gums healthy and fresh.
What else can I do to maintain good oral health?
Your everyday diet, what you eat and drink plays a huge part in your oral health. Certain foods and drinks are tooth-friendly and can help keep your teeth healthy while other can result in plaque and gum disease specially if not floss or brush after. Gently brushing your tongue can prevent bad breath and increase your overall oral cleanliness.
- Crunchy fruits like apples and carrots contain natural acids that can lift stains from the teeth
- Green tea can help to reduce the risk of plaque, cavities and gum disease. It also contains fluoride
- Foods that are rich in calcium such as milk, cheese and yogurts are always good as they strengthen bones and teeth